Friday, August 12, 2011

Real Estate and Flyfishing

Brad Pitt?


Now that our streets are swept clean, the trees in full leaf, and the garden finally planted, I can turn my thoughts to those summer festivals that make our city a great place to live: The Free Will Players, Street Performers, Capital Ex, Taste of Edmonton,  Folk Festival, Fringe, Symphony Under the Sky, not to mention the Eskimos, Capitals and FC Edmonton.

If that weren’t enough, there’s the pleasure of getting out of town for the weekend. I like to fly fish. I’m not very good at catching anything other than snags, let me hasten to add, but I am a great collector of the gear. My ensemble includes a vest, rod, water bottle, polarized sunglasses, catch and release net, hook hone, barb squisher, fly floatant, nail knot tier, and a Canadian-made Tilley bought from a men’s store near your home. Quite frankly, I think I look like Brad Pitt in A River Runs Through It.



Every year, I go to the Fishin’ Hole to buy a angler’s license in an act of faith. I hope that I will stand on the bank of a free-flowing river, casting my line back and out in an arc and presenting a fly that matches the hatch the trout are feeding on.  On a good day, the trout may mouth the fly, but because I am lost in my thoughts, I forget to set the hook when I feel the tug, and the fish is gone.

Having angled, to say I had fished would be a gross exaggeration, I return home with my soul refreshed. Once again, I am ready to sell real estate. Give me a call, if you need a REALTOR® who knows Edmonton and loves Lendrum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home